This weeks weekend relevant prompts for Monday Haiku are:
- Santa Ana Zoo - We live in Orange County, California. We popped down to Santa Ana Zoo on Saturday morning. It’s only a small zoo with monkeys, parrots, camels, ant eaters, and various farm animals, but is nicely laid out with plenty of shady spots. Perfect for walking a toddler around.
- Strawberry overload – I tend to eat a load of strawberries every weekend, but this weekend, a store we regularly shop at had them at 86 cents a box. So strawberry overload it is then.
- First LFC friendly - First pre-season friendly for Liverpool FC. First with the new manager who favours a more spanish flavour possession style game, which I love. Not all the players are back yet as many featured in the recent EURO championships, so many young players got a chance to shine. The game was against Toronto, and the final score was 1 – 1. The score was not important as re-season is as much about fitness, and I enjoyed watching the new style.
So here we go:
Santa Ana Zoo
Meet anteater and monkey
do not wonder why
Which sort of occurred to me before, but not enough to give it much thought.
natural sugar high
in strawberry overload
just as sweet as me
Now I have nothing to moan about for a few days:
Positive pass play
out possess the other team
players good enough?
Bonus Haiku was going to give Carrie Rubin’s family a break again this week until she put keyboard type to post with “A post of offal“. Hmm, what’s a poor bonus haiku, living off the skimping weekend morsels of Elliot’s mind to do? Oh well. Pointless disclaimer says there might be some naughty words so if offended jump over the dotted lines below, or alternatively, if enticed, like an Elliot to an unopened box of toffee, jump between the dotted lines below. If however you are like an Elliot caught between a tub of ice-cream, and a box of belgian chocolate (not that soapy tasting Hershey stuff), then just hover here for a while whilst you figure out how to get between the lines and over them in one go:
Carrie’s sunday lunch
Mr Rubin says to sons
What do I look like?
One thing dad, your head
looks just like a vagina
Quiet lunch next week
Not so “Super” bonus part 3 (with apologies to Mr Rubin):
summer school awaits
please hold, for Brain splats pardon
must use for Haiku
Things I learned this weekend:
- Bonus Haiku could have been a bit too vulgar musing about why a head may look like erm, see above, but it is about fun, (and not being too rude about Mr Rubin) so I rewrote it all.
- I wasn’t keen on the way this weekends (well friday mornings) cinema shooting was consistantly described as an “unspeakable event”, whilst actually being discussed. Huh? It was bad, but it was not the work of terrorists, it was pretty much an isolated event of a madman, or however you want to describe him. There ought to be some serious discussion about gun control and one or two other issues, but these are ongoing discussion points, not something for everyone to dive in on, with knee jerk reactions. At least leave it a week or two once things settle down a bit. That way there can be discussion without the knee-jerk reaction, which is the way it should be (in my opinion).
- My boy currently likes the animals at the Zoo, but waterfalls / water features a little bit more.
- He also knows spiderman already. The 80′s spiderman with Iceman and Firestar is on netflix streaming.
No poll this Monday, have a fun week.
Lexicon word of the day: Sepulchral.